Monday, September 29, 2008

The House Defeated the Bill

Who would have seen this one coming? Not me, that is for sure. I am a negative minded individual especially when it comes to talking Congressional oversights on my wallet. I know, I know, I know, they are the ones who are supposed to watch out for my money and not trusting them is theoretically bad.

Our money, as far as I can gather, is based solely on the "trust" in the government which plays itself out via how strong our country appears militarily and monetarily i.e. big guns and big houses makes our dollar size bigger. Well, when it comes to trusting the government with my money I have not had a lot to look forward to. Since I could vote I've seen the government flush money down the drain in foreign wars that have done nothing for me feeling personally safe, nor make me want to be at war with anyone. The financial crisis we are in HAS to be at least partially blamed by the exorbitant amount of dollars we have been using to create craters in Afghanistan and Iraq with Patriot Missiles(freedom yay!). I am generally proud to be an American even if it means admitting I enjoy the thought that our militaristic member is larger and generally more effective than the rest of the world, but perhaps we can take a step back from all of these grandiose attempts to solve our problems and just fucking try to sit down with them before we bankrupt ourselves via war and poor policies.

Some unidentified terrorist organization attacked us so we invade Afghanistan and Iraq. 7 years later we are entrenched in a "war" that has no end in sight. When France fucked it up in Vietnam and retreated to get home to work on their falling economy we decided to pick up that loose end and were stuck there for a decade. Tell me how great the economy was in the 70s again. The supposed largest militaristic might in the world has failed to find Osama Bin Laden for 7 years now and as far as I can tell no one really cares to. Shrinking those operations might make it easier to find someone in hiding, because to date this large scale hubabaloo has only given us massive debt, many casualties and I guess we killed a bunch of terrorists who I do not even hear about until after they are dead. France figured it out in the 60s, but we were so afraid of Communism that we could not let it go, and we seem to have a similar mentality here only this -ism is terror and not commune. It is almost like America finds it important to impose their way of life on others even though we have no real right to; My guess is some early Americans might have revolted against this mentality.

So, here we are under the same administration that insists on walking loudly and constantly pointing out at how big our stick is telling us all to trust them on this big stick approach to fix the economy. We let them pass $800 billion at the end of July without saying a word. Now that went nearly unnoticed and without any resistance because WE DID NOT KNOW about it. This $700 Billion is pointed out early and it is pissing everyone off one way or the other. The Representatives listened to a public outcry and defeated it for now. Sadly, I have every expectation that they will turn this decision around and pass it eventually, but for now I will be content to tighten my belt and know tomorrow will be here without costing so much money.

-E

I'd like to formally apologize to the current administration for me not "Trusting" you because I feel it is important to our economy to do so, but give me one fucking reason to think that this administration has a clue on how to resolve this economic crisis without just throwing money at it with the hopes it will rebound, that is not a solution or a plan, it is an admission that you are clueless.

No comments:

Post a Comment